Tuesday 7 January 2014

Wanderlust

"A person susceptible to wanderlust is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation." -Pico Iyer

Man, oh man do I suffer from Wanderlust. The calls of the Eiffel Tower, the music on the streets of Barcelona, the stillness of the canals in Venice, and the magic and modernity that is New York echo so loudly within me. I have been itching to travel for years, constantly day dreaming about living in a loft in New York and walking the streets of Paris. Pinterest definitely hasn't helped in that department with it's constant stream of jaw dropping pictures from around the world.

Well, I don't have to keep dreaming anymore, as my dreams are to be transformed into a reality next year! Next year in my Uni holidays, I am heading out on a European adventure across Italy, France and Spain. Eee! We will be travelling to Rome, Venice, Milan, Nice, Cannes, Barcelona, and Paris just to name a few. I seriously cannot contain my excitement. I come from a family that never went overseas, only holidaying to places like Melbourne and Tasmania, so you can imagine my excitement. I will be jet setting around the world with one of my closest friends because honestly, what better way to experience life changing and eye opening events than to have one of your best friends by your side. 

Although a lot of saving needs to be done, I am very excited to prepare for my trip. I will be sure to take travel journals with me to write about my experiences, as well as blogging as much as I can online. In relation to the quote by Pico Iyer, I hope to transform into a more appreciative person about the world around us and to meet new and exciting people who will open my eyes to the world, as well as learning to be more independent. Europe 2015, I'm coming for you!





2 comments:

  1. I, too, am suffering from wanderlust. Especially with this cold weather I just want to get out and explore more in the snow.

    -Courtney
    www.alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be so excited for summer!
      Ps, I love your blog!

      Delete